February 4, 2003
Council's resolution on B-Doubles
This afternoon a report was given to the Byron Council on the Pacific Highway Brunswick Heads to Yelgun upgrade. The following recommendations were made and passed with amendments 6-4
- That council note the contents of the report.
- That council expresses its concern to the minister at the inadequacy of documentation supporting the gazettal of b doubles.
- That under section 5-4 of Route Assessment Guidelines for b doubles and Road Trains, Council formally request the RTA Regional Manager reconsider the suitability of the section of the pacific Highway from Ballina to Yelgun for b doubles.
- That position of Ballina Shire Council & NOROC be determined and their support sought.
- That this be accompanied by a Press Release.
Jim Mangleson spoke for the public.
Councillors Mangleson, Ermocora, Halpern & Staples spoke for the recommendations.
Councillors Tucker, Tardiff, Wilson & Higgins spoke against.
Posted at February 4, 2003 12:00 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)