May 6, 2002
The attached guidelines for Hall management worked out between Joel and Bruce were adopted.
Tyagarah Progress Association Guidelines For Hall manager and others
on Hall project
- Develop community spirit
- Run and maintain the hall for the benefit of the association and local
- Promote local economic activity
- Ensure public safety and security of the hall
- Keep the committee and association informed
The hall is a valuable
resource open to the local community, managed by Progress Association. The hall
manager has a degree of flexibility in managing the hall while remaining
consistent with the aims above.
Users The intention is to hire to groups and
people we know directly, which makes it truly a community hall. To develop these
links, we encourage regular users to join the association. This can be done via
a low-cost or no cost associate, non-voting membership.
- Hired out to groups for broad range of worthwhile activities,
including Education/Training, Music, Theatre, Sports Clubs, Small scale social
events : Dinners/ BBQ’s, events for children.
- Not hired out for large scale parties, for use after 10:30pm or where the
manager sees a risk of property damage.
- Hiring by TPA members attracts a similar fee as non-members.
- Events should have an association member supervise where possible
- Prefer not to hire to groups not known to members
- Access to the key and the hall itself is based on a method recommended by
the hall manager to the TPA committee, approved according to standard voting
- For events, the current accepted practice for obtaining access is that the
hirer pays a bond, obtains the key from the hall manager and receives the bond
back on returning the key.
- The manager to make a judgement of bond with regard to the chance of
- A bond is required for large events or events not involving primarily
- A bond is not required for small events involving primarily association
- Can be set by the manager in consultation with the committee.
- Contribution of labour and materials instead of financial contribution is
highly valued and encouraged, providing the arrangement is conveyed to the
Recognition People who contribute significantly should be
recognised and appreciated for their efforts.
To keep the association informed, a simple monthly report will be presented
- A list of usages, purpose and rental (in cash or in kind) plus expenses
- Communications with council or other bodies
- A copy of financial records to be passed on to treasurer
Information & Communications
- As with other TPA projects, communications with external bodies, such as
councils, media etc, should be with approval of the committee.
- Progress Association information, contact details and Membership forms can
be displayed prominently in the hall
Posted at May 6, 2002 12:00 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)