May 6, 2002
Guidelines on consistent responses
Joel raised the issue of how we respond to DAs and keeping a consistent approach. We decided on considering the following issues when responding.
- Being fair, i.e. where there are both positive and negative aspects, putting both in the DA responses,
- Encourage community consultation, preferably before submitting DAs.
- Support landowners who have shown their commitment to regeneration, rather than making promises for the future.
- Appropriate scale of the development.
- We take into account the opinions of the closer neighbors, and the consultation done with them.
Joel was encouraged to write a letter of support for Lisa"s DA but to hold off on sending it until we have heard the response of Tony and Ann (next door). Joel will also talk to Lisa about her opinions on these guidelines having just gone through this process.
Posted at May 6, 2002 12:00 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: