May 1, 2001
Council recommended against speed limits, supported "No Through Road Signage" See ...
From Byron Shire Council Agenda: 1 May 2001
19. 50kph Speed Limit - Grays, Buckleys and Prestons Lanes, East Tyagarah. Lodged by Tyagarah Sustainable Community Alliance (David Julian).
- Requesting the Committee consider a reduction in speed to 50kph for Grays, Buckleys and Prestons Lanes, East Tyagarah.
- Requesting installation of signage indicating driveways, cyclists/pedestrians.
- Requesting 'No Through Road' Signage
These lanes have frequent bicycle and pedestrian traffic and a lower speed-limit would help abate the likelihood of a 'serious accident'.
- That in line with RTA guidelines, the Committee is not able to recommend speed limiting on gravel roads because of the extreme fluctuations in conditions on same.
- That the sealed section of Grays Lane be reviewed under the Rural Speed Zoning Review.
- That "No Through Road" signage on Grays Lane, East Tyagarah is supported.
Posted at May 1, 2001 12:00 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)