January 25, 2001
Dieter - Concert venue
Meeting to discuss concerns of local residents.
Local residents met with Dieter Horstmann on Monday night concerning
the proposed Bob Dylan concert at Eagle farm, Tyagarah.
The concert is clearly defined as a test run, as it says in the D.A., “the
organisers have been planning to utilise the site for music concerts” and “the
organisers are utilising this opportunity to test the site.” Both the development
application and the organizers have made it clear that this could become a multievent
venue, with three to four big concerts a year. Not just a one off event.
This has caused a lot of concern for many residents. As a resident of Tyagarah
there are a few steps you can take to make your concerns heard.
- There will be a public meeting in Tyagarah hall on Tuesday 30th
January at 7pm. Come and share your concerns with the councillors.
- Contact your local councillors and let them know how you feel, ask them
to come to the meeting.
- A written submission to council objecting to “DA #01/0019”. This needs to
contain the reasons for your objection, and can just be a simple letter.
Some of the objections you might have could be:
- Noise pollution for extended hours.
- Potentially drunk/drugged concert goers impact on a quiet neighborhood.
- Security for local home owners.
- Degradation or destruction of the local fauna and flora.
- Infiltration into pristine nature reserve, beach, tea tree lake & private
land for camping, fires etc.
- Traffic impact on local residents.
- Impact of major lighting.
- Impact of a three day set up and take down for the concert to an area already
impacted by highway construction.
- Inadequate parking, 1500 parking spaces provided for 6000 people.
- If this is only a test run for 6000 people, how many will there be at the
- The potential for further ongoing development in the future?
Submissions to council should go to: The General Manager, P.O.Box 219, Mullumbimby
NSW 2482”, and have to arrive before 7th February.
Remember despite appearances this concert is clearly not planned as a one
Posted at January 25, 2001 12:00 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)